Duke of Monmouth as a Boy
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrissimus et Potentissimus Princeps Iacobus Dux de Monmouth
- between 1673 and 1685
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 13 9/16 × 10 1/4 inches (34.5 × 26 cm) and 12 15/16 × 10 3/16 inches (32.9 × 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "? By F. B(arlow) /2/2-"; lower right: "[...]"
Marked in brown ink, on back, lower center, collector's stamp: "Stephen Issacson Tucker"
Lettered, lower left: "(monogram) FB"; lower center inside image: "Sold by S. Lye at the Oval Frame against | the South Sea House in Bishop gate Street."; lower center below image: "ILLUS I RISSTMUS ET POTENTISSIMUS PRINCEPS JACOBUS DUX DE MONMOUTH & Buc= | [...]ugh, Comes de Doncafter, & Baro de Tindall, Whitchester, et Ashdale, et Eques Nobilssimi Ordims. | Aurece Pericelidis,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | bridle | castle | city | doublet | flag | gun (small arm) | hat | hills | holster | horses (animals) | lace | men | plumes | portrait | procession | ruffs, sleeve | saddle | saddle blanket | soldiers | steeple | stirrups | sword | whip
- Associated People:
- Scott, James, Duke of Monmouth (1649 - 1685), military commander
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, Duke of Monmouth as a Boy, between 1673 and 1685
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.