- The Building
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 16 15/16 x 13 3/8 inches (43 x 33.9 cm), Plate: 13 9/16 x 11 7/16 inches (34.5 x 29.1 cm), and Image: 13 9/16 x 11 7/16 inches (34.5 x 29.1 cm)
Lettered lower left within image: "Muirhead Bone"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Muirhead Bone"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | beams | builders | buildings | carriage | carts | chains | city | cityscape | construction | construction workers | equipment | flag | flagpole | hats | horses (animals) | industry | labor | ladders | men | pulleys | road | ropes | scaffolding | steam | street | structure | tools | urban | wagons | wheels | windows | work | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | London | Mayfair | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, The Building, 1904
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.