IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, Ely Cathedral, 1903
- Drypoint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 x 16 1/8 inches (18.3 x 40.9 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 14 15/16 inches (15 x 37.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Ely Cathedral"; lower right: "18"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "Muirhead Bone 1903"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | architectural subject | buildings | cart | cathedral | farmers | farming | fence | fields | fisherman | fishing | fishing pole | gate | horses (animals) | houses | labor | ladder | landscape | men | panorama | plow (agricultural equipment) | rural | shed | shrubs | steeple | trees | wagon | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Cambridgeshire | Ely | Ely Cathedral | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.