- La Lanterna, Genova
- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 15/16 inches (19.7 x 27.8 cm) and Plate: 3 1/4 x 8 7/8 inches (8.2 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "La Lanterna - Genova."; on back, upper left: "ln"; on back, center right, below stamp: "13"
collector's stamp of Morris Schapiro, in black ink, on back, lower right, upside down, within circle: "MS"
signed in plate, lower right: "M BONR (e?)"; signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | buildings | demolition | genre subject | labor | landscape | lighthouse | marine art | men | pier | port | rocks (landforms) | sea | ship | shipyard | shore (landform) | wall | water | workers | working | wreckers (people)
- Associated Places:
- Genoa | Genova | Italy | La Lanterna | Liguria | Ligurian Sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, La Lanterna, Genova, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.