- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 15 3/8 inches (25 x 39 cm) and Plate (to image): 6 7/8 x 9 13/16 inches (17.4 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "09"; lower left: "XIV."; lower center: "The Solent | M1087-"; lower right: "A.30118"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | castle | country house | farm | fields | hills | houses | landscape | manor | ships | strait | trees | view | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Farrington House | Freshwater | Hampshire | Hurst Castle | Hurst Point | Isle of Wight | Milford on Sea | The Solent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, The Solent, 1920
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.