- Rainy Night in Rome
- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 16 x 10 7/8 inches (40.6 x 27.7 cm) and Plate: 8 15/16 x 12 inches (22.7 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "14 | 16020 (crossed out) | K . 2169 · (crossed out) | K.10118."; lower right: "A. 11107 | Rainy Night in Rome · 1914"; on back, upper left: "M"; lower left: "62 | 12610 (crossed out)"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | buildings | cabs | capes | carriages | carts | church | city | cityscape | coats | dark | figures | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | lamps (lighting device components) | light | night | people | rain | road | street | umbrellas | walking
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Roma | Rome | San Rocco
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, Rainy Night in Rome, 1914
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.