St. Paul's from Ludgate Hill
- Additional Title(s):
St Paul's from Ludgate Hill
Saint Paul's from Ludgate Hill
- Part Of:
- Lithograph with tint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Sheet: 21 5/8 x 14 7/8 inches (55 x 37.8 cm) and Image: 17 3/16 x 12 5/16 inches (43.6 x 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left, written sideways: "a52347 (underlined)"; on back, lower left: "a52347 (underlined) | e-"; on back, lower center: "c"; on back, lower right: "c"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "T. BOYS DEL ET LITHOG."; within image, lower right: "ST. PAUL'S FROM LUDGATE HILL."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | awning windows | buildings | carts | cathedral | children | church | city | cityscape | costume | crowd | dome | dresses | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | labor | lanterns (lighting devices) | market (event) | men | merchants | mother | purchasing | road | running | scholars | selling | sidewalks | signs | steeple | stores | street | street lights | students | top hats | trousers | uniform | wagons | walking | wheels | wigs | windows | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | Ludgate Hill | St. Martin, Ludgate | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, St. Paul's from Ludgate Hill, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.