- The Pilot
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.4 x 26.7 cm) and Plate: 12 15/16 x 8 7/8 inches (32.8 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "14/75"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "The PILOT | Briscoe/25"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boat | chains | climbing | crew | futtock shrouds | genre subject | marine art | masts | men | oars | pilot | ropes | rowboat | rowing | sails | sea | seamen | ship
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Pilot, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.