- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 11 7/8 x 18 1/16 inches (30.2 x 45.9 cm) and 9 15/16 x 15 7/8 inches (25.2 x 40.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "56/75"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center: "Making Sail A. Briscoe/38"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | chains | crew | deck | futtock shrouds | genre subject | labor | lifeboats | marine art | masts | pulling | ropes | rowboat | sails | sea | ship | shirts | trousers | waves (natural events) | workers | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Making Sail, 1938
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.