The Main Tack
- Etching and drypoint on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 x 9 5/8 inches (38.8 x 24.5 cm) and Plate (to image): 13 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (34 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "52/75"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "The Main Tack A Briscoe/28"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chains | crew | deck | futtock shrouds | genre subject | labor | ladder | marine art | masts | men | pulling | ropes | sails | sea | seamen | ship | shirts | trousers | waves (natural events) | workers | working
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Main Tack, 1928
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.