- The Main Brace
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 9/16 x 12 1/2 inches (47.2 x 31.7 cm) and Plate: 13 15/16 x 10 inches (35.4 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "66/75"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center: "The Main Brace"; within image, lower right: "A Briscoe/30"
signed in black ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | chains | crew | deck | futtock shrouds | genre subject | labor | ladder | marine art | masts | men | meteorology | pulleys | pulling | ropes | science | sea | seamen | ship | storm | waves (natural events) | workers | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Main Brace, 1929
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.