Brightlingsea Hard, Landing Oysters
- Additional Title(s):
Brightlingsea Hard (Landing Oysters)
Brightlingsea Hard [Landing Oysters]
- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 10 3/8 x 16 inches (26.4 x 40.7 cm) and 9 1/8 x 13 15/16 inches (23.1 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "50/75"; in graphite, lower left: "Brightlingsea Hard."
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND"; stamped in gray ink, on back, lower right: "MADE IN ENGLAND"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Brightlingsea Hard A Briscoe/30"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | caps (headgear) | cargo | crew | crouching | dock | genre subject | hats | labor | marine art | masts | men | pier (marine landing) | river | seamen | ships | unloading vessels | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Brightlingsea | Colne | England | Essex | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Brightlingsea Hard, Landing Oysters, 1929
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.