- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet (additional 4 cm folded under): 13 1/8 x 20 7/8 inches (33.4 x 53.1 cm) and Plate (to image): 8 7/8 x 15 7/8 inches (22.6 x 40.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "P. 156"; upper right: "a . B"; lower left: "#17407"; in brown ink, lower left: "Fi[...] copy."; in graphite, lower center: "Supplement No. 156. The Binnacle."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "The Binnacle"
signed and dated in plate, lower right: "A. Briscoe/30"; signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap (headgear) | genre subject | marine art | men | railing | sea | seamen | ship | steering wheel | waves (natural events) | wheel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Binnacle, 1930
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.