IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Irrawaddy Nights, undated
- Additional Title(s):
An Irawaddy Night
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, light blue laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 x 17 9/16 inches (33.2 x 44.6 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 14 13/16 inches (25 x 37.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "XXVIII"; in graphite, lower left: "An Irawaddy Night."; on back, lower left: "24040 48.00"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
Signed in brown ink, lower center: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | boats | Buddhism | buildings | Burmese | cityscape | fences | figures | genre subject | hills | huts | men | oars | palm trees | patterns (design elements) | railroad | religious building | river | road | rowboat | rowing | sampan | smoke | stairs | steam | steamboats | stupa | thatched roofs | thatching | towers (single built works) | town | village | walking | watchtowers
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Irrawaddy | Myanmar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.