- Irrawaddy Nights
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, light blue laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 x 17 9/16 inches (33.2 x 44.6 cm) and Plate: 9 13/16 x 14 13/16 inches (25 x 37.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "XXVIII"; in graphite, lower left: "An Irawaddy Night."; on back, lower left: "24040 48.00"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
signed in brown ink, lower center: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | boats | Buddhism | buildings | Burmese | cityscape | fences | figures | genre subject | hills | huts | men | oars | palm trees | patterns (design elements) | railroad | religious building | river | road | rowboat | rowing | sampan | smoke | stairs | steam | steamboats | stupa | thatched roofs | thatching | towers (single built works) | town | village | walking | watchtowers
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Irrawaddy | Myanmar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Irrawaddy Nights, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.