- between 1920 and 1924
- Materials & Techniques:
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 14 9/16 x 18 3/4 inches (37 x 47.6 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 13 3/4 inches (27.6 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Burmese Dancers"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, in monogram: "CW" within larger C
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Charles W. Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beads | bracelets (jewelry) | Burmese | cigar | costume | dance | dancers | dancing | earrings | fezes | genre subject | girls | handkerchiefs | hats | jewelry | kneeling | longyis | necklaces | parasol | performance | pose | scarves (costume accessories) | skirts (garments) | smiling | smoke | smoking (activity) | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Myanmar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Burmese Dancers, between 1920 and 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.