The Palace, Stirling Castle
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 × 6 7/8 inches (30.5 × 17.5 cm), Image: 10 1/2 × 5 3/4 inches (26.7 × 14.6 cm)
Lettering inside image, lower left: "THE PALACE STIRLING CASTLE | BUILT BY KING JAMES THE FIFTH": lower right: "D.Y. Cameron"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "D.Y. Cameron"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlement | bird | cape | castle | chimney | corbels | costumes | coupled window | exterior | gable | gargoyle | grilles (barrier elements) | hall | headgear | man | palace | parapet | pedestals | roof | soldier | squares | stairs | statues | uniform | window heads | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Scotland | Stirling | Stirling | Stirling Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Young Cameron, 1865–1945, British, The Palace, Stirling Castle, 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.