- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 10 1/2 inches (37.5 × 26.7 cm) and Image: 12 × 9 inches (30.5 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "R.179 II Father Ambrose very few impressions"
Lettering inside images, lower center: "FATHER AMBOSE": lower left: "QVÆ IN VITA VSVRPANT HOMINES COGITANT | CVRANT VIDENT QVÆOVE AGVNT VIGILANTES | AGITANTQVE EA CVIQVE SOMNO ACCIDVNT"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "D.Y. Cameron"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | costume | crosses (motifs) | hood | man | portrait | priest | profiles (figures)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Young Cameron, 1865–1945, British, Father Ambrose, 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.