The Mill Pond, Evelyn Woods
- Watercolor, gouache, pen, in brown ink and gum arabic on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, very thick, moderately textured, cream, cardboard
- Mount: 15 7/8 × 21 7/8 inches (40.3 × 55.6 cm) and Sheet: 13 7/8 × 19 7/8 inches (35.2 × 50.5 cm)
Signed and dated in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "Vicat Cole 1860"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | clouds | fowl | landscape | marsh | mill | plants | pond | trees | water | wetlands | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Timothy J. Barringer, Before and after modernism, Byam Shaw, Rex Vicat Cole, Yinka Shonibare , Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design (London), London, 2010, p. 22, fig. 17, NJ18.Sh265 B27 2010 (YCBA)