Venice from the Lido [North Italian Set: No. 17]
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 14 inches (19.7 × 35.6 cm), Image: 6 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (17.5 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Venice from the Lido Italian Set 1896"
Lettering inside image, lower center: "Venice from the Lido"; lower right: "DY Cameron"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "D.Y. Cameron"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balustrade | barges | boats | buildings | cityscape | domes | fishermen (people) | fishing boats | gondolas | gondoliers | lagoon | man | marine art | mooring | oars | railing | sailboats | shoreline | towers | windmills
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lido | Venetian Lagoon | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Young Cameron, 1865–1945, British, Venice from the Lido [North Italian Set: No. 17], 1896