Head of Loch Lomond, with Ben Lomond in the Distance
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 × 31 1/2 inches (63.5 × 80 cm) and Frame: 28 1/2 x 37 x 2 inches (72.4 x 94 x 5.1 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Paul J. Naftel | 1859"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape | mountain | plants | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lomond, Ben | Lomond, Loch | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Jacob Naftel, 1817–1891, British, Head of Loch Lomond, with Ben Lomond in the Distance, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.