- Additional Title(s):
Vera Effigies Prudentissimæ Principis Elizabethæ Angliæ Franciæ et Hibe: Reginæ. Etc.
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 x 6 3/16 inches (22.4 x 15.7 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 4 11/16 inches (17.7 x 11.9 cm), Image: 5 9/16 x 4 1/2 inches (14.1 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back, lower left: "hx"
Collector's mark, verso: Saint John Dent (Lugt 2373)
Lettered in black ink, within oval surrounding portrait: "VERA EFFIGIES PRUDENTISSIMÆ PRINCIPIS ELIZABETHÆ ANGILÆ FRANCIÆ ET HIBE : REGINÆ . ETc."; lower left: "Francisco | Delaram | Sculp:"; lower center: nine lines of description, beginning "Hauinge reformed Religion, established Peace, reduced Coyne to ye iuste value"; lower right: "Are to be Sould | by Io. Sudbury | & Ge: Humble."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | coat of arms | costume | crest | cuffs | dragon | earrings | embroidery | fleur-de-lis | gown | jewelry | jewels | lace | lion | monarch | necklace | nobility | orb | ornament | ornamentation | oval | pearls | portrait | queen (person) | reticella | ribbon | ruff | scepter | woman
- Associated People:
- Elizabeth I (1533–1603), queen of England and Ireland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Delaram, c.1590–1627, British, Elizabeth I, 1618
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.