- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 16 3/4 inches (25.6 x 42.6 cm) and Plate (to image): 6 1/16 x 13 3/16 inches (15.4 x 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[...] 804 | e. 487 | Dawn E. J. Detmold"; lower center: "100 Imp(?) Pub 1923 Plate destroyed"; lower right: "48-"; on back, lower left: "17792"
signed in graphite, lower right: "E. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | cacti | camels (mammals) | cargo | cattle | cloaks | costume | desert | genre subject | hills | keffiyehs | landscape | men | morning | mountains | nomads | pastoral | staffs (walking sticks) | sunlight | sunrise | transportation | travel | turbans
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Dawn, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.