- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 16 3/4 inches (25.6 x 42.6 cm) and Plate: 6 1/16 x 13 3/16 inches (15.4 x 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[...] 804 | e. 487 | Dawn E. J. Detmold"; lower center: "100 Imp(?) Pub 1923 Plate destroyed"; lower right: "48-"; on back, lower left: "17792"
signed in graphite, lower right: "E. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | cacti | camels (mammals) | cargo | cattle | cloaks | costume | desert | genre subject | hills | keffiyehs | landscape | men | morning | mountains | nomads | pastoral | staffs (walking sticks) | sunlight | sunrise | transportation | travel | turbans
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Dawn, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.