IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Dawn, 1923
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 16 3/4 inches (25.6 x 42.6 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 x 13 3/16 inches (15.4 x 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[...] 804 | e. 487 | Dawn E. J. Detmold"; lower center: "100 Imp(?) Pub 1923 Plate destroyed"; lower right: "48-"; on back, lower left: "17792"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "E. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | cacti | camels (mammals) | cargo | cattle | cloaks | costume | desert | genre subject | hills | keffiyehs | landscape | men | morning | mountains | nomads | pastoral | staffs (walking sticks) | sunlight | sunrise | transportation | travel | turbans
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.