Sir Muirhead Bone
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of Muirhead Bone at His Desk
- Materials & Techniques:
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 11/16 x 11 3/8 inches (39.8 x 28.9 cm), Plate: 11 15/16 x 9 inches (30.3 x 22.8 cm), Image: 10 15/16 x 8 7/8 inches (27.8 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "80 proofs thus - 2nd State"; lower center: "Sir Muirhead Bone"; lower right: "Orig. drypoint (1931) | 45 - 74 (74 crossed out)"
Lettered in black ink, within image, center left, in bookshelf: "DODD 1931"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Francis Dodd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bald | books | bookshelves | desk | drawing (activity) | fireplace | interior | man | mustache | necktie | pencil | portrait | statue | studio (work space) | tools | utensils | vest (main garment) | waistcoat | working
- Associated People:
- Bone, Sir Muirhead (1876–1953), printmaker and draughtsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Dodd, 1874–1949, British, Sir Muirhead Bone, 1931
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.