Europe. A Prophecy, Frontispiece Proof Impression
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Jerusalem, Plate 30 Proof Impression
- ca. 1820
- Relief etching; verso: relief etching with pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches (31.8 x 23.5 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 x 6 5/8 inches (23.5 x 16.8 cm), and Plate (verso): 8 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches (21.3 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "[...] 43 | B [...] Watteau"; on back in graphite lower right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | bald | fire | flames | leaf | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | text | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Frontispiece Proof Impression, ca. 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.