- Part Of:
- 1618 or 1628
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 5 5/8 inches (21.2 x 14.3 cm), Plate: 7 1/8 x 4 5/8 inches (18.1 x 11.7 cm), Image: 5 9/16 x 4 3/8 inches (14.2 x 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back, lower left: "ct"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "1978 Lut/[...]"; on mount, lower center: "H. vol. 2. p. 129 Baziliwologia Renold Elstracke, attributed to | no. 19. pl. 61 (b) I Martin 1628 O. D. 8"
Letetered in black ink, within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "PRUDENTISS : PRIN : HENRICUS VII. D. G. ANGLIÆ / GALLIÆ ET HIBERNIÆ REX. etc."; lower center: "The most Mighty and Prudent Prince | Henry Seaventh by the grace of god | King of England Fraunce and Ireland etc. | Are to be Sold by Com: Holland over against the Exchange."; lower center, in crest: "HONI · SOIT · QUI · MAL · Y · PENSE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | cartouche | coat of arms | costume | crest | crowns | dog (animal) | ermine | fleur-de-lis | flower (plant) | illustration | jewels | king (person) | livery collar | man | orb | oval | portrait | robe | royalty | scepter
- Associated People:
- Henry VII (1457–1509), king of England and lord of Ireland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Renold Elstrack, 1570–1625(?), British, Henry VII, 1618 or 1628
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.