- Part Of:
- 1618 or 1628
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 4 9/16 inches (18.5 × 11.6 cm), Image: 7 3/16 × 4 1/2 inches (18.3 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "H. vol. 2 - p. 128, Baziliwologia Martin 1628 O. D. 1 | no. 16, pl. 60 (a) I"
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper left, in crest: "HONI · SOIT · QUI · MAL · Y · PENSE"; within image, upper center, in crest: "EXPIABIT AUT OVRVET"; within image, upper right, in crest: "HIC HÆC HOC TACEATIS"; within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "EDWARDUS IIII. ANGLIÆ ET FRANCIÆ REX DOMIN9 HIBER:"; lower left: "R: Elstracke Sculpsit"; lower center: "The | right noble prince EDWARD the 4th King of | England, and Fraunce Lord of Ireland. He | raigned 22 yeares and 5 weekes. Died at the age | of 52 yeares : buried at Windsor. 1483."; lower right: "Are to be Sold by Compton | Holland over against th'exchange"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | bull | cap | cartouche | coats of arms | costume | crests | crowns | embroidery | ermine | fur | illustration | jewels | king (person) | lion | livery collar | man | orb | oval | pendant | portrait | robe | royalty | scepter
- Associated People:
- Edward IV (1442–1483), king of England and lord of Ireland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.