- Part Of:
- 1618 or 1628
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 4 1/2 inches (17.8 × 11.4 cm) and Image: 5 1/2 × 4 3/8 inches (14 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower left: "wx"; in graphite, on mount, lower center: "H. vol. 2 - Baziliwologia | p. 129, no. 19 Martin 1628 | Dl. 61 (b) I | Henry VII as Henry VIII played at Windsor(?) Tennis court - | added a brick front to court at Greenwich-"; lower right: "Renold Elstracke, attributed to | O. D. 8"
Lettered in black ink, within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "PRUDENTISS : PRIN : HENRICUS VII . D. G . ANGLIÆ / GALLIÆ ET HIBERNIÆ REX. etc."; lower center, in crest: "HONI · SOIT · QUI · MAL · Y · PENSE"; lower center: "The most Mighty and Prudent Prince | Henry the Seaventh by the grace of god | King of England Fraunce and Ireland etc. | Are to be Sold by Com: Holland over against the Exchange."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | cartouche | coat of arms | costume | crest | ermine | fleur-de-lis | fur | illustration | jewels | king (person) | livery collar | man | orb | oval | portrait | robe | royalty | scepter
- Associated People:
- Henry VII (1457–1509), king of England and lord of Ireland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Renold Elstrack, 1570–1625(?), British, Henry VII, 1618 or 1628
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.