- Part Of:
- after 1618
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches (22.5 x 14.9 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 4 11/16 inches (17.2 x 11.9 cm), and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 3/16 inches (13.3 x 10.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "61"; on back, lower right: "1/6"; on mount, lower center: "Related to H. vol. 2, p. 129, no. 19 | but reversed and changed -"; on mount, lower right: "Renald Elstracke, copy after"
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper left, in crest: "HONI · SOIT · QUI · MAL · Y · PENSE"; within image, in frame surrounding portrait: "PRUDENTISS : PRIN : HENRIC.9 VII . D. G . ANGLIÆ / GALLIÆ ET HIBERNIÆ REX."; lower center: "Titulum ne horresce novantis, | Non rapit Imperium vis tua, sed recipit. | Ausonius de Seuero."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | cartouche | coat of arms | costume | crest | ermine | flower (plant) | fur | illustration | jewels | king (person) | livery collar | man | orb | oval | portrait | robe | royalty | scepter
- Associated People:
- Henry VII (1457–1509), king of England and lord of Ireland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.