- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38.3 x 27.5 cm), Plate: 14 x 9 7/8 inches (35.5 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 11 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (30.1 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower left: "/[...]x"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "Pape(?) 236 [...]"; on back, lower right: "rare + brilliant | £4-1-0"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. Faber Senr. ad vivum Delt. & Fecit"; lower center: "Reverendus in Christo Pater WHITE KENNETT S. T. P. | Episcopus S. Petri de Burgo | Consecratus Ao. MDCCXVIII."; lower right: "Ao. MDCCXIX."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clerical collar | coat of arms | collar | crest | crown | man | oval | portrait | robe | shield | wig
- Associated People:
- Kennett, White (1660–1728), historian and bishop of Peterborough
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Elder, ca. 1660–1721, British, White Kennett, 1719
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.