- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38.3 x 27.5 cm), Plate: 14 x 9 7/8 inches (35.5 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 11 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (30.1 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower left: "/[...]x"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "Pape(?) 236 [...]"; on back, lower right: "rare + brilliant | £4-1-0"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. Faber Senr. ad vivum Delt. & Fecit"; lower center: "Reverendus in Christo Pater WHITE KENNETT S. T. P. | Episcopus S. Petri de Burgo | Consecratus Ao. MDCCXVIII."; lower right: "Ao. MDCCXIX."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clerical collar | coat of arms | collar | crest | crown | man | oval | portrait | robe | shield | wig
- Associated People:
- Kennett, White (1660–1728), historian and bishop of Peterborough
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Elder, ca. 1660–1721, British, White Kennett, 1719
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.