King Henry VII
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 4 15/16 inches (17.4 × 12.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back, lower left: "t"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "67"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "KING HENRY VII | Began to Reign | 22. Aug. 1485. | Lived 52 Years. | Reign'd 23 y. 8. | Died. A. D. 1508."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | cap | cloak | costume | ermine | fur | jewels | king (person) | livery collar | man | niche | portrait | robe | royalty | sculpture | statue
- Associated People:
- Henry VII (1457–1509), king of England and lord of Ireland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, King Henry VII, 1731
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.