- The Fire Tower, London
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 11/16 x 12 3/4 inches (47.4 x 32.4 cm), Plate: 13 5/8 x 8 7/8 inches (34.6 x 22.6 cm), and Image: 13 5/8 x 8 7/8 inches (34.6 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in orange crayon, lower left: "7724 (crossed out in graphite)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "7720"; lower right: "L77N"
Signed in graphite, lower right: Hedley Fitton (underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apartments | architectural subject | architecture | bales | boxes | buildings | cargo | carriages | clock | genre subject | horses (animals) | lampposts | men | monks | monument | robes | sculpture | sitting | square | statues | stores | street | tower (building division) | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Europe | Greater London | Monument to the Great Fire of London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hedley Fitton, 1859–1929, British, The Fire Tower, London, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.