Tour de l'horloge, Tours
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/16 x 14 1/2 inches (51.6 x 36.9 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 x 10 7/16 inches (37.8 x 26.5 cm), Image: 14 7/8 x 10 7/16 inches (37.8 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Tour de L'Horloge Tours 300 Imp."
Marked in pink ink, stamped lower left: "7921"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "Hedley Fitton"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hedley Fitton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apartments | arches | architectural subject | buildings | carts | city | clock | clouds | coats | cobblestones | cupola | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | lampposts | markets | men | parade | road | sculpture | shopping | statues | stores | street | tower (building division) | turrets | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Tours
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hedley Fitton, 1859–1929, British, Tour de l'horloge, Tours, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.