- Tour de l'horloge, Tours
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/16 x 14 1/2 inches (51.6 x 36.9 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 x 10 7/16 inches (37.8 x 26.5 cm), and Image: 14 7/8 x 10 7/16 inches (37.8 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Tour de L'Horloge Tours 300 Imp."
Marked in pink ink, stamped lower left: "7921"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "Hedley Fitton"
Signed in graphite, lower right: Hedley Fitton (underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apartments | arches | architectural subject | buildings | carts | city | clock | clouds | coats | cobblestones | cupola | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | lampposts | markets | men | parade | road | sculpture | shopping | statues | stores | street | tower (building division) | turrets | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Tours
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hedley Fitton, 1859–1929, British, Tour de l'horloge, Tours, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.