IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, A Spanish Christening, 1928
A Spanish Christening
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 15 9/16 inches (34.1 x 39.5 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 11 7/8 inches (22.5 x 30.1 cm), Image: 8 7/8 x 11 7/8 inches (22.5 x 30.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "[...]617"; in red pencil, lower left: "W[...]"; in graphite, lower right: "x"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alley | baby | baskets | building | cape | child | children | christening | Christianity | church | columns | embracing | genre subject | helping | holding | inside | men | scarves | stairs | veil | watching | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.