Headfort House: Staircase Moldings
- Additional Title(s):
Mouldings for the Ceiling of Staircase for Lord Bective
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 x 21 1/16 inches (32.8 x 53.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Astragal Moulding outside of great Circular frame"; upper center: "Mouldings for the Cieling of Staircase for Lord Bective"; upper right: "Circular frame"; center left: "Moulding round the four Medallions"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | astragals | ceiling | egg and dart moldings | Neoclassical | staircase | Vitruvian scrolls
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House: Staircase Moldings, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.