Headfort House, Ireland: Elevation of the Eating Parlor
- Pen and black ink with gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 9/16 x 25 9/16 inches (37 x 65 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Design for finishing the Window Side of the Eating Parlor"; in pen and brown ink, left, dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale: "Scale of 10", "5", "0", "10", "20", "30 Feet"; inscribed on verso, lower left: "Window side of my Parlour"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1771"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceiling | dining room | friezes | Neoclassical | parlor | pier glasses | relief | scale (rule) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House, Ireland: Elevation of the Eating Parlor, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.