The Canal Basin
- Chalk and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 22 1/8 inches (38.1 × 56.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "ocre"; center: "mauve quay"; in pen and red ink, upper right: "42"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "A6/67"; in graphite, upper center: "8"; in graphite, upper right; "40 41"
Blind embossing: "By ADRIAN ALLINSON | The Executor M.M.S. 1962"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barrels | basin | boats | canal | cityscape | dock | marine art | quay | tree | wharf
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.