Jerusalem, Plate 25, "And there was heard...."
- Additional Title(s):
Plate 25: "And There Was Heard a Great Lamenting in Beulah"
- Part Of:
- 1804 to 1820
- Relief etching printed in orange with pen and black ink, watercolor, and gold on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (34.3 x 26.4 cm) and Plate: 8 3/4 x 6 3/8 inches (22.2 x 16.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | intestines | literary theme | men | moon | nudes | religious and mythological subject | roots | stars | stone | sun | tears | text | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
John Baskett, Paul Mellon's Legacy: a Passion for British Art: Masterpieces from the Yale Center for British Art, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, pp. 276-77, no. 74, pl. 74, N5220 M552 P38 2007 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Suzy Halimi, La nuit dans l'Angleterre des Lumières, Presses Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris, 2008, p. 275, fig. 1, PN56.N5 N855 2008 (YCBA)
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 148, pl. 105, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA)