- Drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 7 5/16 inches (22.3 x 18.6 cm), Plate: 7 x 6 1/16 inches (17.8 x 15.4 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 x 5 7/8 inches (17.1 x 15 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "XXXIX | Paper: John Hell 1827"; on back, in graphite, lower left: "23777"
Lettered, lower right: "W. RVSSELL FLINT"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | courtesans | dressing | figure study | genre subject | Greek | jewelry | nude | sandals | scarf | servants | shawl | stool | women
- Associated People:
- Phryne (4th century BC), courtesan
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.