- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- 12 3/16 x 15 3/8 inches (31 x 39 cm), 7 1/4 x 10 3/16 inches (18.4 x 25.9 cm), and 7 3/16 x 10 1/8 inches (18.2 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Trial proof | EVE"; in graphite, lower left: "W. 34 Undescribed II & III | Some additional shading | in places"; in brown ink, lower center: "on Japan paper"; in graphite, lower center: "(the only known proof of this)"; in brown ink, lower left: "1930 (circled)"; in graphite, lower right: "KS"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dark | fear | forest | gesturing | light | nude | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | shadow | shame | sunlight | trees | walking
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.