Acrobats at Lorca Fair
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 18 1/8 inches (28.9 x 46 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 x 13 9/16 inches (20 x 34.5 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 13 3/8 inches (19.6 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "LXXII"; lower center: "On modern paper, W.R.F"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W. RVSSEL FLINT_"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acrobats | balconies | baskets | carnival | children | costume | crowds | dancers | donkey | fair | families | Ferris wheel | flagpoles | flags | food | fountains | genre subject | gesturing | hats | hoops | men | ponchos | scarves | tambourines | watching | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lorca | Murcia | Spain
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, Acrobats at Lorca Fair, 1931
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.