- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 13/16 x 6 7/8 inches (24.9 x 17.4 cm), 7 5/8 x 3 5/8 inches (19.3 x 9.2 cm), and 7 1/2 x 3 7/16 inches (19.1 x 8.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "XXXIX | Paper: English 1815 | XXXIX"; on back, in graphite, lower left: "23775"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | gaze | grass | holding | nude | posing | ribbon | Roman | scarf | sculpture | scythe | servant | shawl | stone | wheat | woman
- Associated People:
- Ceres, Roman deity
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, Ceres' Handmaid, 1930
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.