IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, Her New Heir, Stokesay, 1930
Her New Heir, Stokesay
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 17 1/4 inches (29.2 x 43.8 cm), Plate: 9 1/16 x 13 11/16 inches (23 x 34.8 cm), Image: 8 15/16 x 13 9/16 inches (22.7 x 34.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "XXVII"; in graphite, lower left: "21 16 2 31"; in brown ink, lower center: "Paper: French ABSC 1793"; lower right along vertical edge: "Cent quatre vingt quinze"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architecture | audience | baby | balcony | balustrade | castle | child | children | court | crowd | genre subject | hall | heir | knights (landholders) | men | mother | presentation | scarves | servants | stairs | veils | women
- Associated Places:
- Craven Arms | England | Europe | Shropshire | Stokesay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.