Her New Heir, Stokesay
- Drypoint prints and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 17 1/4 inches (29.2 x 43.8 cm), Plate: 9 1/16 x 13 11/16 inches (23 x 34.8 cm), and Image: 8 15/16 x 13 9/16 inches (22.7 x 34.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "XXVII"; in graphite, lower left: "21 16 2 31"; in brown ink, lower center: "Paper: French ABSC 1793"; lower right along vertical edge: "Cent quatre vingt quinze"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architecture | audience | baby | balcony | balustrade | castle | child | children | court | crowd | genre subject | hall | heir | knights (landholders) | men | mother | presentation | scarves | servants | stairs | veils | women
- Associated Places:
- Craven Arms | England | Europe | Shropshire | Stokesay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, Her New Heir, Stokesay, 1930
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.