IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, Amazons on a Breton Beach, 1931
Amazons on a Breton Beach
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 17 1/4 inches (27.9 x 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/16 x 13 7/16 inches (20.5 x 34.1 cm), Image: 7 15/16 x 13 3/8 inches (20.2 x 33.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "x"; in graphite, lower center: "WH6 II of 2 Amazons on a Breton Beach | (The Published State) (81 proofs thus) (1931) Modern Paper"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W RVSSEL FLINT_"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bathing | beach | blankets | boat | bridge (built work) | chair | croissants | eating | flag | food | genre subject | gesturing | grass | leisure | piers | riding | sand | sandals | scarves | sitting | steering | swimming | talking | undressing | whip | women
- Associated Places:
- Brittany | Europe | France
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.