- Amazons on a Breton Beach
- Drypoint prints and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 17 1/4 inches (27.9 x 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/16 x 13 7/16 inches (20.5 x 34.1 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 13 3/8 inches (20.2 x 33.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "x"; in graphite, lower center: "WH6 II of 2 Amazons on a Breton Beach | (The Published State) (81 proofs thus) (1931) Modern Paper"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W RVSSEL FLINT_"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "W.Russell Flint"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © by permission of Mrs. Susan Russell Flint
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bathing | beach | blankets | boat | bridge (built work) | chair | croissants | eating | flag | food | genre subject | gesturing | grass | leisure | piers | riding | sand | sandals | scarves | sitting | steering | swimming | talking | undressing | whip | women
- Associated Places:
- Brittany | Europe | France
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir William Russell Flint, 1880–1969, British, Amazons on a Breton Beach, 1931
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.