The Lonely Tower, Roman Campagna
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 19 7/8 inches (33.7 x 50.5 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 14 15/16 inches (25.6 x 37.9 cm), Image: 10 x 14 13/16 inches (25.4 x 37.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Lonely Tower, Roman Campagna (aquatint) 3"
SIgned in graphite, lower center: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | fields | flock | grass | grazing | herd | landscape | lonely | meadows | ruins | sheep | skyline | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Campagna | Campania | Europe | Italy | Salerno
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, The Lonely Tower, Roman Campagna, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.