- The Lonely Tower, Roman Campagna
- Aquatint on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 19 7/8 inches (33.7 x 50.5 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 14 15/16 inches (25.6 x 37.9 cm), and Image: 10 x 14 13/16 inches (25.4 x 37.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Lonely Tower, Roman Campagna (aquatint) 3"
SIgned in graphite, lower center: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | fields | flock | grass | grazing | herd | landscape | lonely | meadows | ruins | sheep | skyline | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Campagna | Campania | Europe | Italy | Salerno
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, The Lonely Tower, Roman Campagna, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.