- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; early plate on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (27 × 22.5 cm), Image: 9 1/8 × 5 inches (23.2 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "32087"; lower center: "(Not in catalogue)"; lower right: "A 53598"
Lettered inside plate, lower center: "Anstey"; lower right: "FLG Squ MCM11"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "F.L. Griggs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | battlements | bird | cane | church | costume | grasses | headgear | lich gate | lich gate | needle spire | parapet | path | posts | roofs | shadows | shingles | shrubs | tower | tree | windows | windows
- Associated Places:
- Anstey | England | Hertfordshire | St. George's Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Anstey, 1902
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.