IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Section of the Chimney Side for the Alteration of the Great Hall, undated
Section of the Chimney Side for the Alteration of the Great Hall
- Former Title(s):
One of Six Designs for Wall Decoration
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, medium, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 13 3/4 inches (26 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of the Chimney side for the alteration of the Great Hall"; in pen and brown ink, lower left (sheet trimmed): "Scale of"; in pen and brown ink, bottom, scale labeled: "5", "10", "15", and "20 ft"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 460"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.