- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches (20 x 29.8 cm), Plate: 4 1/4 x 7 inches (10.8 x 17.8 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (10.5 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "s"; in graphite, lower left: "V | MK 27105"; in graphite, lower right: "Maur's Farm | A40449"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "36"
Collector's mark: "CHP"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "FLGriggs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | ruins | trees | wall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Vaughan, Samuel Palmer : shadows on the wall, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, p. 369, fig. 308, NJ18.P19 V37 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA)