- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; 1st state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (19.1 × 22.2 cm), Plate: 5 5/8 × 5 5/8 inches (14.3 × 14.3 cm), Image: 4 1/4 × 4 inches (10.8 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Stanley Pontlarge | One of four only issued this; one exists in 2nd state - plate destroyed"; lower center: "184 CA 3 | A 3 I; lower right: "A57217"
Lettered lower left, below image: "F.L. Griggs 1913"; lower right: "Stanley Pontlarge"
Signed, lower left: "FL. Griggs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bell cote | bells | buildings | church | clouds | doorway | equipment | fence | gables | grasses | poles | roof | shadows | shrubs | steps | trees | vines | wheels | window
- Associated Places:
- England | Gloucestershire | St. Michael's Church | Stanley Pontlarge | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Stanley Pontlarge, 1913
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.