- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 × 12 1/2 inches (22.9 × 31.8 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (15.6 × 23.8 cm), Image: 6 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (15.6 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Griggs | imp:"
Watermark: shield with hands clasped
Lettered inside image, lower center: "FL Griggs 1915"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "FL Griggs | imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | balconies | bay window | bell cote | bells | birds | bridge (built work) | buildings | buttresses | chimneys | church | cupola | cutwaters | doorways | gables | grasses | hats | men | pinnacles | poles | pool | reflections | roofs | shadows | shrubs | steps | stonework | tower | trees | vines | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Pool, 1915
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.