- Etching; 1st state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 8 5/8 inches (18.7 × 21.9 cm), Plate: 6 × 5 7/8 inches (15.2 × 14.9 cm), Image: 6 × 5 7/8 inches (15.2 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Palace D17 I"; lower center: "First state before sky and before plate was reduced"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "F.L. Griggs | Imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | battlements | birds | buttresses | chapel | costume | doorways | gargoyles | man | palace | parapets | roof | shadows | steps | stonework | towers | windows | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Palace, 1916
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.